Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saturday Family Outing

It's actually amazing how much there really is to do with your kids when you take the time to research. Or in my case when you have family who find the websites and I just follow their lead. My "Aunt" Sarah is always finding places to take her family for their "field trip Fridays" and she is kind enough to post them on her facebook, along with the website she found them on. Well, James and I have been giving each other a hard time about how we are always doing the same things each week. You get so used to a routine that sometimes it's hard to venture out and try new things. Well, we decided we will be copying them not so much on where they go but by venturing out of the house at least once a week and taking the kids on an adventure!

This past Saturday we headed out to the Silverton to see their small aquarium which has a mermaid and scuba diver in the tank. Brock and Alyvia loved it! I think next time we will be heading over to Caesars Palace to show them their huge aquarium and also back over to the Mandalay Bay. James pointed out most of the fish he knew and they both just absorbed the information. I love their ages because they are such sponges. Our second stop of the day was the Flamingo Hotel. What I found that was really interesting was for such an old hotel it was jammed packed. Anyways Alyvia was fascinated by the pink flamingos and Brock was more into the fish and turtles in the ponds. The web made the Flamingo out to seem like they had a variety of birds but from what we saw it wasn't really worth the trip out there. We did end up just running around though outside in the grass for a while. They needed to burn some much needed energy off!
Our last stop of the day was much anticipated for James and me. We took the kids to the top of the Stratosphere. James' friend Tim works there as a maintenance Engineer so for most of the visit James and him talked shop talk. BORING! LOL.... Brock thought being so high up was in his words "cool" where as Aly was so very scared. We picked a day where it was nice and windy with up to 30mph winds. I personally do not like being up there but I was fine until some idiot announced to no one in particular how he could feel the tower moving because of the wind. After hearing it I then became aware of the swaying and really wanted to head back down asap. I'm such a chicken. LOL It was an overall great experience for them. Alyvia and Brock did venture close to the glass and looked down. Nothing looks real from so high up. When it was finally time to go home we were frozen from being outside. Brock wants to go back but Aly said she is to scared. James and I are really thinking about doing the jump they are now offering too.
So our Saturday outing turned out better then we expected. I now have a list (poor James) of things that I want us to do as a family. I can't wait to start on the next thing!


No comments: