Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day

I can't begin to explain how excited I was for Father's Day. First off James hasn't had a fathers day off I think ever, so to know that we had him the entire day was really special.
The kids and I woke up a little early so we could make him his special breakfast. He requested chocolate chip waffles. We all pitched in and made that while the coffee was brewing. Once everything was ready Brock and Alyvia ran upstairs to wake dad up and say Happy Father's day. Aly ran back down to grab the cards and present and met him on the stairs with Brock.
This part I was really excited for. A few weeks ago James' found a new tattoo artist to finish his leg. Since its a little pricey we agreed that getting this tattoo would be his present for both fathers day and his birthday. He also has a list of a few things he wants on his phone. So one day I snuck in and took a peek on his phone to get some ideas for a fathers day present. I ended up ordering him a new watch that he has mentioned wanting to buy for a while now. Needless to say he was not expecting anything more than cards. I completely surprised him with his new watch which does not happen often. We both usually have a hard time getting each other something because whatever we want we end up buying ourselves. He was so happy but of course feels bad since he is also still getting work done on his leg. I'm sure he is over the guilt by now because he really deserves it and much more!
After breakfast we headed out to the local 51's baseball game for a birthday party. The only pictures I took that day were of the kids with the baseball teams mascot Cosmo the the alien. Alyvia was beyond excited to see Cosmo and I'm sure everyone around us knew that too. It was fun to watch the game for a while but very hot. After the game we stopped by James' dads house for a quick visit then headed on home.
We didn't do a whole lot but it was really nice to just spend the whole day with James. He is such an amazing father and he deserves more than one day a year.

No comments: