Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gardening

I honestly never thought I would be the person who would pick weeds, trim bushes, or pot some plants. It has just never been my thing, until now. Apparently you change your views when its your yard and your responsibility. When we bought our house almost two years ago, the landscaping was already picked out for us. I believe we had over 13 rosemary bushes. Now, for those of you who have no clue what that is, its pretty but I personally think it smells terrible! Ever so slowly James and I have been pulling them up one by one. Finally our yard has been looking a tad bit bare so we took a family trip to our local star nursery today to pick out some plants!

We ended up buying some really nice plants and flowers and if I could remember what they were called I would be more then happy to inform everyone. But I can tell you that we now have some beautiful yellows and purples and eventually some orange colors in our yard. That is the extent of my knowledge of plants! LOL Anyways James dug all the holes and Brock, James and I planted everything. Alyvia was more interested in playing with the dirt and rocks then helping. We had such a great time and we will probably be doing this again in a few more weeks. next on the gardening list is potted plants and hanging plants for the backyard!

No comments: