Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Alyvia's new bed


If I am ever asked for advice for a new mom it would be this, "Do not ever co-sleep because it is one of the hardest habits to break." Alyvia has co-slept with us, on and off since she was born. Now that she is older I hate it! We have tried so hard to get her to sleep in her own bed which was a toddler bed but to no effect. James had mentioned that maybe Aly just didn't like the toddler mattress because they are exactly the most comfiest things to sleep on. So one night the kids spent the night at my mom's house and Alyvia slept by herself in the spare room which has a twin size bed in it all night long till 8am! Once we heard that we new we had to get a twin bed asap!
So, it all happened rather suddenly but we now have a twin bed for her. I was curious to see how the night was going to go and very anxious. Bed time was a lot calmer then I expected and she was actually ok with going to bed in her own room for once. I am happy to say that she went to bed at 8:00pm and didn't wake up and come to my room until 6:30am! Needless to say I was do the happy dance the entire day. She loves her bed and Brock loves that she has a big bed to because he can lay down with her or hang out in her room now.

No comments: