Sunday, March 27, 2011

Moms Stratosphere Jump 3/26

This year for my mother's birthday she wanted to do the sky jump at the stratosphere. My brother and I split the cost for her present even though we both thought she as absolutely crazy. She has been looking forward to this day for weeks now. So James, the kids, my nana, Chad, and I all went with her to the Stratosphere to watch. I can personally say that I was very nervous for her and thought I was going to be sick waiting for her to do this. When the attendant finally announced the two minute jump warning for my mom I thought my poor heart would stop. Finally we all looked up and could see this little dot fall off the side of the building and then we heard her scream and saw all her limbs flying everywhere. As she was coming down my funny mother kept making funny moves with her arms and legs since she was being filmed and when she finally landed she had the biggest grin I have ever seen on her face. She absolutely loved it and is already talking about doing it again!
Arek and I (and of course our better halves James and Shelby) also bought her the DVD and a photo so she can always have that memory. After her jump we all headed up to the top of the tower to see the view which Aly and Brock just loved. They both were on their hands and knees looking straight down on the glass. I was nauseous most of the time up there but that has a lot to do with my fear that the tower is going to one day fall! I know I'm weird!

No comments: