Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baseball Season is here!

So excited only more week and it will be Brock's first game of the season! He is playing on a new league this year and of course a new team. James and I signed him up for the Spring Valley little league. We have been going to t-ball practices for about 3 weeks now and only have one more practice left till the big game. His team name is the Mets which will be so neat because on our old league the kids were just given generic jerseys and the coaches made up the team names. On this league every team is a major league baseball team name and everyone gets a jersey, pants, socks, and ball cap!

This year Brock is the youngest on his team and I think one of the smallest too. At the first practice I was a little worried for him because he seemed intimidated by all the bigger kids. But like I know everyone expected he totally warmed up and now he is doing awesome! The coaches are absolutely wonderful and really know how to get these kids to listen and learn and have a blast.

Alyvia is Brock's biggest fan. She is almost always standing by the fence yelling "Good job Brock!" It's adorable and he always turns around and smiles big at her with a big thumbs up to me! He is doing great at batting and is one of the strongest batters. This year the coaches are really focusing on catching and I tell you Brock can already catch better then me.

We have not been given the schedule yet :( but as soon as I have it I will post it. I believe all games will be Tuesday and Saturday at the Desert Breeze Park, but I will know for sure some time next week!






No comments: