Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mommy's Bed

This has become a nightly routine 3 nights a week. James now works swing shift for anyone who didn't already know. It was most definitely a big change for the kids and I at first but I think we have all adjusted rather well. The only thing that I personally have a problem with is being home alone at night. I know I am an adult now and should have grown out of this along time ago but I still have a problem with being home alone at night. It's just something about the dark that completely freaks me out. So at first the kids and I would go about our nightly routines but once they were fast asleep in their own beds I would start to spook myself by hearing noises. It would usually be the dog or cat roaming around or normal house squeaks but every noise scared me. So instead of calling James every time I heard something I found my own solution! Now 3 nights a week the kids and I still go about the same nightly routine only we all end up in moms bed to read a story and go to sleep. I have found that with them in my bed all i hear are their snoring and tossing and turning that it completely takes my mind off of everything else! They both know that when daddy is at work they get to sleep with me for a few hours but once daddy's home from work or on his days off our bed is off limits. It works for us and I get to cuddle with my babies just a little bit more each day.

This is a picture I took the other night because I couldn't believe how they fell asleep so similar. Not sure how either one find it comfortable but each of them sleep or start off sleeping with their arms behind their heads. Weird but oh so cute!


No comments: