Saturday, February 20, 2010

Deviled Eggs

Deviled Eggs seem to always be a party favorite. Personally I can't stand them, I think they are gross and the smell makes me sick, but everyone else enjoys them so I don't complain. I however have absolutely no idea how to make them. I honestly wasn't even sure of the correct way to hard boil an egg until today. Alyvia's birthday party was in just a few short hours and thankfully my sister-in-law and her younger sister came over to help cook, bake, decorate and set everything up. We only had 4 hours to get everything ready. Now luckily everything got done right on time and I couldn't have accomplished it all without them. So Shelby and Harley I love you guys so much and thank you for all your help!

They are both going to be embarrassed and maybe a little upset with me but I must share this story. So, the only thing that I didn't know how to make was devil eggs so Shelby and Harley took that responsibility on themselves. After Shelby boiled the eggs she let them cool and we all got to talking about what ingredients were used to finish this recipe. I told them to call someone in which Shelby tried calling her Aunt. She couldn't get a hold of her so then Harley went on some website to get a recipe. It seemed easy enough for them and I left them alone. After they were finished I made a comment about how the yolk part didn't really have enough texture in which Shelby replied that she probably used a little to much mayo. OK that made sense and who was I to question them when I had no idea how to make them in the first place. So we put them on the table as everyone starts to show up and I'm told a few people were making inquiries about the devil eggs like something just wasn't right.
Well, it turns out that Shelby and Harley followed the recipe but because it didn't tell them to keep the yolk after they took it out of the egg they threw it away. So the insert of the egg white was just the mayo and mustard and few other ingredients. Needless to say they both turned red and I absolutely laughed my ass off! I even got them to pose with there eggs!!

Times like these are absolutely priceless and a huge lesson learned! So girls thanks for the most memorable devil eggs ever!




No comments: