Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

*****I am so very thankful for my family this Thanksgiving year. I am especially thankful for my husband and children.*****

This year Thanksgiving was just that more memorable and special. My little brother and his family were in town to celebrate with us and this was also my brothers first Thanksgiving with family in two years. The day started out great with James, Brock, and me going to see the movie 'New Moon'. We have all been waiting for what seemed like forever and decided that we would make it on Thanksgiving because we figured it would not be as busy, which it wasn't. :) Afterwards we headed to my father in laws house to pick up miss Alyvia. It was nice to visit for a while with James side of the family since we weren't having dinner with all of them this year. Afterwards we headed home because I was in charge of making a huge fruit salad.

Ever since I was laid off back in May I have become a pretty good cook. I'm always looking for new recipes and if I find an interesting one in a magazine I clip it out and save it for a later date. So I had a great recipe I had been wanting to try out forever and it worked out perfect for Thanksgiving. My Mom and Chad also came over during the afternoon to cook the ham and we all just hung out.

That night we headed over the Grandma and Grandpa Messners' house for the big dinner. It was a perfect night, my brothers family came along with my parents, James' mom, my Uncle Scott's family including his father in law and my Aunt Kathy's family. I just love a huge home cooked meal where the kids can just be kids and run wild and the adults can sit around and play catch up on every ones lives. It was just an all around great Thanksgiving and we got to share with all of our family.



love these pictures of my mom being completely silly :)


No comments: