Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009


How on earth did the time fly by so fast? It just amazes me how one minute it was summer and then the next winter. I wish time would slow down just a little. Anyways I'm thinking this will be a two part post because Christmas Eve and Day were so busy for us.

Christmas Eve this year felt like such a rush with so much happening all at once. This year James and I were the last minute shoppers. We thought Black Friday was terrible but man oh man Christmas Eve last minute shoppers was by far worse. I was up at 5am so I could get my shopping done and be home by 9am so James could head on out. Then we were out the door at 3pm to head to the mall for the kids to take quick picture with Santa. We had to wait in line for an hour and a half but it was so worth it. Alyvia was so in love with Santa and just wanted to run right to him, Brock of course was in awe and just kept smiling at him. It was adorable.

After the pictures were taken we then headed out to James' great Nanas house for our annual Christmas Eve dinner. It was so wonderful to see all the family that night and just sit back and relax while the kids ran around. We headed home later that night and when we got home we put on our Christmas pajamas and made Santa and his reindeer cookies. It was finally time for bed in which I read the kids there Christmas book and then tucked them into bed.

Now came the fun part. James and I still had a lot of wrapping to finish and put together a few items. Needless to say we were up until 1:30am. It was such a busy but wonderful day.

No comments: