Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rookies Baseball

I absolutely love baseball season and was so excited for fall ball to start. Brock is finally on the rookies which is coach pitch. This time around I was a little on edge because most of the kids he will be playing with are a year or two older then him and have been playing a while longer, so of course I had the typical mom worries of would he get made fun of because he's still learning and will he feel to intimidated and not want to play. Well, he put my fears to rest because he has been having the time of his life and it doesn't hurt that he knew a few of the boys on his team from previous t-ball years and school.

Brock is doing really great on hitting and his fielding has improved tremendously. He mainly plays left center, 2ND base, or my least favorite catcher. The coach is louder this year but he's great and James is also coaching which is making for a perfect season for us. Brock loves having his dad their and I know he is always going to remember this when he gets older.

The games are way more intense then t-ball ever was. Their are some parents on other teams that are very competitive so it kind of gets your blood pumping when they all start cheering and yelling. Makes me that much louder, only I cheer the boys on even when they have a bad play. So far Brock still loves the game so I hoping he wants to continue to play next season!






No comments: