Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Break Vacation part II

The last leg of our family vacation was to meet up with my Great Aunt and Uncle and also my Great Grandma. They are from my mom's side of the family (her dads side) and I haven't seen them since I graduated high school in 2004. So if you are paying attention you realize that they have yet to meet my husband and children.


My Aunts house is so amazingly wonderful because she has lived in it longer then I have been born. It's one of those homes that will always be special because I remember visiting it when I was a little girl. Its in a very well kept neighborhood and the best feature of this house is the trampoline. Its underground! I was so excited to show the kids since they obviously love jumping on them and its safer (I think)!

Hopefully this will be easy to understand.... My Aunt is my Grandpa's twin sister, which makes her a great great to my kids. I loved being around her and talking about all the family. She knows so much about our family history that I wish we had had more time to visit. Now my grandma is a riot. We call her Mucka (thanks to who over her first born grand child is) and she is my Great Grandma which makes her the kids great great Grandma. She is in her 90's I think she just turned 95 so it meant alot to me to have her meet my kids because they are her first great great grand kids. Her memory isn't as sharp as it once was so every time Alyvia would come in the room Mucka would ask who that beautiful little girl was, you couldn't help smile at how many times we had to re introduce her. It was also nice to have finally introduced James to that side of my family. Now that's only a very small piece of my moms side of the family so hopefully one day we will be able to meet up with the rest.

After we left my Aunts we headed out to the beach. You can't visit California without seeing the water. The kids were so excited to play in the water but it was FREEZING! Alyvia doesn't have a memory of the ocean so it was extra special with her. Brock was ready to just dive in. They both rolled there pants up and got there feet wet, and then a huge wave came up and drenched Brock from head to toe. Luckily Alyvia was fast enough to get out of the way. After we walked across the street to buy Brock a new outfit we headed to the pier to have lunch at Ruby's and then back to the hotel.









No comments: