Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mother Daughter Weekend

Last weekend my mom took me to Mesquite for a mini vacation for my birthday. I know my birthday isn't for a few more weeks but she won't be here so we celebrated early and just the two of us. I honestly don't think we have ever gone away with just each other. Let me tell you though it was so fabulous and I do believe we will be doing this once a year now.


We laid out by the pool all day on Saturday and yes I sat in my pool circle lounger thing and read a book. Awww, it was so relaxing!

The best part of it just being the two of us was we could lay out on the chairs or get in the water when we wanted to and not when the kids wanted us to play or the husbands needed a break. Oh how it was so nice to not have anyone calling my name! And yes these are the only two pictures we took at the pool that day. LOL I'm usually such a picture freak, but this just shows you how much we sat back and enjoyed ourselves.

For dinner we ate at a restaurant called Catherine's. If anyone is ever in Mesquite you have to go here! It is a somewhat pricey steak house but oh so delicious! There hot spinach salad is to die for.

Our lovely waiter heard mom mention oh about 30 times how it was my birthday (now people think I was born in July) so he generously brought me a chocolate cake with some liquor that was on fire for our dessert, compliments of him. If I wasn't so full I would have ordered another slice it was that good.

Thank you mom so so so much for our vacation! I loved absolutely every second of it and I can't wait till next year when we can do it again. You are truly the best and I am so thankful to have you as my mom. So here's to you, Happy 23rd anniversary BIRTHday!

No comments: