Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day

I seriously lacked on this but oh well :)

We celebrated Memorial Day on Saturday this year because James had to work on Sunday and Monday. :( Nothing to fancy just a small barbecue at the house with family. It was such a perfect day with 83 degree weather. The kids wanted to swim so James pulled out the pool and with the help of Chad and Scott set everything up. Haha it was COLD!!!!! But they all had a blast. I know, sounds kind of boring but I found it so relaxing. We all just hung out put our feet up and enjoyed the day.
Something special that James did this year was invest in an American Flag. We have always wanted to buy one and just never have. I felt very proud to be able to hang this on our house for Memorial Day. I am proud to be an American and honor those men and woman who have given their lives for our freedom, their memories will always live on. In loving memory of Uncle Joe, 1 LT, Joseph Maks, Army.

No comments: