Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy "Birth" Day Grant

After almost 10 long months Grant Arek Morris FINALLY joined our family on Tuesday July 19, 2011. I had a scheduled c-section for 7:30 that morning. James and I arrived at the hospital at 5:30am. I was hooked up to monitors and then had to fill out lots of paperwork and answer a million questions. The nurse also hooked me up to an IV and that was probably the most painful thing out of my entire stay.

Even though we have been through this twice before I was a ball of nerves and even though James looked calm I'm sure he was too but then again he wasn't the one they were cutting open. My doctor finally arrived and I walked into the OR where I was given my spinal to numb me for the surgery. James was able to join me shortly after which calmed me down. I wasn't necessary scared but anxious and a little nervous. The surgery itself took only 45 minutes but Grant was born I believe within 25 minutes of starting. He was born at 8:29am weighing 6lbs 9oz and was 19 inches long. When I was finally able to see him some 5 minutes later I couldn't believe he was finally here! He was then sent off to nursery with James and I was sewn back together.

I had to stay in recovery for about 2 hours and then they wheeled me to my room where Grant joined me about 30 minutes later. When he finally joined us I couldn't believe how tiny he was. It's been 3 years since we last had an infant so I kind of forgot how fragile looking they are. After that I examined him from head to toe counting all his tiny toes and fingers and then just snuggling with him. He is also so different from Aly and Brock. Both Aly and Brock had more of an olive tone skin color and both had dark hair ALL over their bodies. They were both our fur babies where Grant has really no hair on his head and a little bit of blonde fuzz on his cheeks and shoulders.

For about the first hour we spent time with the just the three of us. It was so nice to have mommy, daddy and baby bonding time. Then we called my mom who brought the kids down to the hospital. They were both in awe over their new baby brother and both couldn't wait to hold him. Eventually we called the rest of our families to come visit. Finally 48 hours later I was released from the hospital and got to come home. Now the adventure really begins!
















No comments: