Monday, September 22, 2008

Its feels like the days are all blending into each other. The house is finally coming together nicely. All the pictures have been hung up, both the kids rooms are finally personalized , the garage is all cleaned out, and the patio cover is finished. It is finally feeling like home!! The weather has been cooling down so we have been spending a lot of time outside. Brock has a mini trampoline with an enclosure in the backyard so he loves to jump on that and while he is outside I take Alyvia's saucer out with us and she plays in that and watches Brock jump. It's so much fun, Brock loves to do silly tricks and Aly will start to laugh. We can all be out there for hours at a time and never get bored.

James is finally back to his original schedule. For a couple weeks it was hectic in our house because James was working 6 days a week with only 1 day off so it felt like we were always running around crazy to get things done.

Brock is still as always doing great. He still loves going to school and lately he has been going 5 days a week and absolutely loves it. On the weekend he would act all bummed that he couldn't go to school. He has been learning how to trace letters and numbers and is starting to get the hang of it. He started soccer practice two weeks ago and he seems to like playing. He has met some new friends but his attention span is still short so after a while I will catch him ignoring his coach and twice now he has started playing in the dirt with another little boy. Its actually pretty funny. There are 5 boys and 4 girls on the team, not including him. When he is participating he is very competitive and when he makes a goal he looks over at me and gives two thumbs up with a huge smile!! It makes me so proud of him and reminds me of when I was little and my mom would give me the two thumbs up when I would make a great play or score a goal. Now I know how proud she felt of me!

Alyvia is growing like a tree. She is babbling more everyday and loves to say "da da". She still isn't crawling but is getting close. She is happy most when Brock is around and they love to play cars and Lego's together. She is also a little water baby. When it is bath time and she sees the water running in the tub she gets so excited she squeals and laughs and when she is finally in the tub she splashes so much and laughs that I even get a nice little shower from it! It's so cute!

This past weekend James and I went out and bought Alyvia a big girl car seat. Its a reversible one so until she gets bigger (we are thinking around 30-35lbs) she is rear-facing and then we can turn her to forward facing later down the road. She loves it because it has more room and she can see Brock better, which he loves too! Brock got to spend Friday night at Nay-Nay's house and play with Zarek (cousin) and Nana. I had a hard time getting him to come home on Saturday, he just didn't want to leave. He calls Zarek his big brother and all day Sunday he talked about him. It's nice he has Zarek to look up to, except now Brock is 3 1/2 years old going on 7. This morning he got ready for school all by himself and that included getting dressed, brushing his teeth, and making his bed. He didn't want any help and when I tried to help him make his bed, he put his hands on his hip and told me "MOOOOOOMMMMM, I'm a big boy and I can do this by myself!" It was cute but also depressing, he doesn't need my help as much now!

For anyone in town, Brock's first soccer game is now on October 4th. I don't have the schedule yet, I think we should get it this Wednesday at practice because that is when we get his jersey, so for anyone that is interested I will do an update this week with the location, but I do know it will be somewhere in Henderson at 8am.

Love,
The Morris Family
James, Alexis, Brock, & Alyvia

No comments: