Thursday, July 17, 2008

Brock and Alyvia

Well, here is a little insight on what is going on within the Morris household. We are still currently living with Mom and Chad. Hopefully only for another week and a half. We have our final walk through for our house next Monday and the lender and Pardee homes are telling us that we should close within a week from that. Cross your fingers we are hoping for next Friday to be the day!!!
The kids started daycare this past Monday and it has been very successful. They are now going to Sunset Station Children's Choice Learning Center. Its only 5 minutes from my work which I love because on my lunches if I want to I can stop by and visit. Brock has made a ton of new friends and actually looks forward to going to school. He is now in preschool so there is a curriculum and he is learning new things everyday. I can't figure out what his new friends name's are because when we ask him he will reply with "Mom, they are my boys they don't have names." Except he did inform me yesterday when I picked him up that he has a new friend and of all the names this little boys name is Brock also. And yes it is true his teacher told me the same thing. I thought it was so funny but I don't think our Brock is liking the fact that someone has his name! Anyways, his teachers told me that he is such a wonderful child to be around, he is so polite and always listens, and he is a true leader. He is very outgoing and will take control of any situation but when there are to many people paying attention to him he will become very shy and try to back away. That's my boy alright!!!

Alyvia is also in daycare and I have to say I am so happy with the teachers she has. There are only 4 babies per room so she gets the attention she needs. Her teachers everyday say she is such a joy and always happy. She never cries and is fascinated by the other babies. She coos at all of them and giggles like crazy. I feel so comfortable with her there but of course I still call all the time to check up on her.

The newest news that we have to share is James and I signed up Brock for soccer!! The national youth sports has a league for a 3 year old to play soccer. His season starts on September 27 and ends November 15. We are so excited because he will meet new friends and also James and I will be able to meet the parents. It will be something for all of us to look forward too for Saturdays. I don't expect him to understand the game or play competitively but for him to just have fun and be around other kids his same age and who knows maybe create a lasting friendship from. So we'll see how much he likes it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family is sooo excited to come and watch Brock play soccer!!! Keep us posted on times for the games! Cant wait to see your new home... congrats! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Lady Lex as always u have such a big heart and this is great idea. I was able to catch up after returning from Mexico. I am so proud of you and James on ur news with kids and ur new home. I know we spoke today and u have ur new home keys and are in process of moving next few days and hopefully will be in ur own house sleeping tomorrow night Thursday 24th of July Congratulations love ones and enjoy the T V

I told Zarek about Brock and we will be there cheering him on at Socerr Games. Can't Wait

I am so delighted to hear about positive Day Care and Preschool. How Wonderful. Sounds Perfect

I will check ur blog often. I love u all dearly and excited to see ur new home

Love Nana Shar and Zarek